Like every year, we propose a 2-day training course in simulation tools used for climate modeling at IPSL. This course is for both beginners and advanced users of modipsl/libIGCM tools.
The duration of the training session is 2 days and the course will take place in person at IDRIS (Orsay). You will have the possibility to choose between 2 sessions of dates (both Thursday and Friday): January 25 & 26 and/or February 1 & 2 2024.
The training will start with a presentation on general overview of the IPSL environment and tools, and then you will start practical work on: how to launch a simulation, the post-processing step, how to best monitor a simulation, fix errors, check and redo post-treatment, introduction to XIOS, ensemble of simulations…
Warning: we will not go into the details of the models (LMDZ, ORCHIDEE, NEMO, PISCES…). Our training is complementary to those specific to these models.
– The course will be held at IDRIS in Orsay (http://www.idris.fr/eng/info/contacts/alleridris-eng.html).
– Your identity card (or passport or driving license for example) is required to enter IDRIS building.
– The hands on sessions will be done on the IDRIS training computers (login/passwd will be provided during the training).
– The course and lunch are free as they are funded by IPSL. Travel and possible accommodation are at your expense.
– If you follow the entire training, you will have a 14-hour training certificate.
You can register by filling out the following form: https://lime3-app2.sorbonne-universite.fr/index.php/438174?lang=en
The deadline for registration is January 10, 2024. Beware, the number of attendees in each session is limited.
Details about the course can be found here : http://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/igcmg_doc/wiki/Doc/Training#Nexttrainingsession
For more information, you can contact the Platform group training team: firstname.lastname@example.org