IPSL-CMC takes part in international programmes, such as the World Climate Research Program (WCRP) and Future Earth that organize and manage projects to coordinate numerical experiments, intercomparison of model results or evaluation of models. Through CNRS, IPSL CMC is a partner to the ExtremeEarth project.
Overview of the IPSL contribution to:
IPSL members co-lead or are strongly involved in:
- AMMA-Model Intercomparison Project
- Aerosol Comparisons between Observatory and Models (AEROCOM)
- Coupled Carbon Cycle Climate Model Intercomparison Project (C4MIP)
- Cloud observations for model evaluation (CFMIP-OBS)
- Paeloclimate Modelling Intercomparision project (PMIP)
IPSL also contributes to:
- Climate-Chemistry Model Activity (CCMVAL)
- Coordinated Regional Climate Dowscaling Experiment (CORDEX)
IPSL scientists contribute as co-authors to many reports such as those of the IPCC:
- the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC AR5)
- the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC AR4)
- the Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC TAR)
IPSL scientists lead, co-lead or are members of the committee of different programs or projects.